Ashford Wild Carder
This Wild Carder is for the adventurous fibre artists looking to create batts with more than just fibre. Add your unique touch of fabric, ribbon, feather, lace, paper and other media to mix it up - the 72ppsi teeth can handle it! Crank it easy with this flush, lightweight and compact design, while relying on its strong build to get you through all your funky art batt blending!
Some Awesome Features:
- adjustable packer brush (accommodates fine, low-crimp fibres and increases your batt size)
- extra long 72ppsi teeth (hello mixed media batts!)
- adjustable drum clearance (set the teeth distance for total control)
- lacquered and assembled (ready to use)
- cleaning brush, clamps and awl included
- nylon bearings (light and easy to turn)
- card cloth has wire teeth, protective coating & flexible rubber backing (longer life)
- hand hold (easy to carry)
- rubber feet (slip prevention!)
- weighs only 3.5kg (7½lbs)
- creates batts sized 60 x 10cm (24 x 4ins)
- cards up to 40gm (1½ozs) of fibre
Make unique blends for art yarn
The Wild carder has been specifically designed for today’s fabulous, fun and funky art yarns. The extra long 72 point teeth allow you to include differing fibres, fabric, ribbons, feathers, paper and novelties to create unique blends. The packer brush is adjustable and will control fine, low-crimp fibres and increase the size of the batt. The drum clearance is also adjustable which allows you to set the teeth distance for total control of your fibre. All nylon bearings ensure it is light and easy to turn. The card cloth has wire teeth with a special protective coating and a flexible rubber backing for long life. The doffer and cleaning brush are stored on the carder. The carder is strong but lightweight with hand hold for easy carrying. The carder has rubber feet to prevent it slipping. It comes assembled and lacquered ready to use.
*Currently this item is a drop ship item and will ship from my supplier when it is in stock, please contact me for estimated ship times.
*All Ashford products from SarahElizabeth are available in Canada only.