Worker Bee by SpinOlution
The Worker Bee is a foldable travel wheel. Spin any weight of yarn from fine to bulky on thirteen comprehensive ratios. The built in lazy kate holds 3 bobbins.
The Worker Bee made its debut in 2017 after spinners around the world requested a foldable Bee style wheel with a larger bobbin. The difference between the Queen Bee, King Bee, and Worker Bee is the ratio range and bobbin size. The Queen Bee holds 4 oz bobbins. The King Bee holds 8 oz bobbins. The Worker Bee holds 16 oz bobbins as well as 8 oz bobbins and can fit in a carry on suitcase for flying around the world.
The Worker Bee is the perfect wheel for the spinner who needs effortless portability with a wide ratio range. The speeds are adequate for extra fine (1:26) to bulky (1:4) spinning - and the bobbin size is large enough for creative textures and embellishments to be included in your spinning.
Ratios: 1:4 to 1:26
Weight: 13-14 pounds
Open Height: 30 inches; Width: 19 inches; Depth: 13 inches
Folded Height: 12 inches; Width: 19 inches; Depth: 9 inches
Wheel Size: 2.9 inch diameter & 1.5 inches thick
The Worker Bee Spinning Wheel comes with 3 bobbins. The Worker Bee also comes standard with the New Golden Whorl.
- Comprehensive Ratios for Spinning Traditional Yarns & Fibers
- Open / Bypassable Hook Orifice for Spinning Art Yarns & Textures
- Quick-Change Magnetic Bobbins & Stretchy Drive Bands
- Easy-Adjust Tension Knob for Perfect Uptake
- Whisper Quiet Operation
- Finished Baltic Birch Wood for Warp-Resistant Durability
- Ergonomic Treadling System
- Small Footprint with Slip-Resistant Floor Grips
- Designed & Made in the USA
*All SpinOlution Wheels and Accessories are made to order and will ship in up to 6 weeks from the manufacturer, shipping within Canada will take a minimum of an additional week. You will be kept appraised of any delays in manufacturing and shipping while waiting for your wheel.